McMahon’s Cafe Bar one of Kingscourt’s favoured places to have breakfast, lunch, dinner or just to sip some coffee with friends. The Cafe Bar is fairly big and has got an excellent ambience thanks to our new jukebox playing the best of today’s or yesterday’s music ranging from Michael Buble to Bruce Springsteen. The decor has a mixed decor of traditional wood complimented with new modern textiles. Superb lighting, LCD large TV screens and surround music sound systems compliment the bar.
Our food selection ranges from paninis to burgers, steaks to sweet cakes. We also have a range of coffees and tea for those looking for an afternoon break. Don’t worry, we still serve the odd pint of Guinness!A pub menu is available daily from 12noon to 9pm. Choose from a selection of soups, sandwiches, salads, burgers or tempt yourself with one of our delicious home made desserts. Daily specials are available.
Click on the thumbnail below to view a gallery of photos including some of our favourite dishes and images of McMahon’s Cafe Bar, Kingscourt Co. Cavan.
Bar Snack Menu
- Soup of the Day €3.50
- Farmhouse Egg Mayonnaise €4.95
- Garlic Mushrooms €5.50
- Spicy Chicken Wings €5.50
- Cajun Chicken Salad €9.50
- Chicken Caesar Salad €9.50
- Cold Meat Salad (with Salad and Chips) €9.50
- Chicken Wings (with dip, salad & Chips) €7.95
- Dressed Mushrooms(with salad & chips) €7.95
- Spring Rolls (with salad) €7.95
- Egg Mayonnaise (with salad & chips) €6.95
- Chips & Coleslaw (with brown bread) €5.95
- Filling of your choice from €3.20
- Irish Beef Sandwich €3.95
- Toasted Sandwich €3.95 (Two fillings €4.25, Three fillings €4.50)
- Dun a Ri Sambo €7.50
- Paninis (Chicken, BLT or Ham/Cheese) served with salad and chips €6.95
- Wraps (Chicken Caesar, Ham/Cheese/Tomato/Onion, BLT) served with salad and chips €6.95
- Homemade Apple Pie
- Pear Bella Helena
- Sherry Trifle
- Lemon Meringue Pie
- Jelly & Ice Cream
- Banana Split
- Hot Chocolate Muffin a la Mode
- Dessert of the Day
- Mixed Ice Cream
- Soup & Potato
- Potato & Gravy
- Potato & Gravy & Vegetables
- Soup & Potato & vegetables
- Chicken Nuggets & Chips
- Burger & Chips
- Sausage, Beans and Chips
- Plate of Chips
- Chicken Goujons & Chips
- Half portion Adult dish
- Penne Paste
- Selection of Desserts and Ice Creams
Video Clip of McMahon’s Cafe Bar
The Dun A Ri House Hotel is the proud recipient of numerous Dining pub of the year awards. As a result of a dining pub revolution, an exciting new award was launched in 2000 in association with the Irish Pub Guide, which recognises the very best performers with the emphasis on pubs whose high standards, quality food, atmosphere and service make them a cut above the rest and well worth visiting.
The Dining Pub Awards are limited to the top 5% in each region. Some dining pubs have been selected two years in a row, which shows a consistency in reaching a certain standard and keeping that standard up. Dun A Ri House Hotel is the proud recipient of 5 Dining Pub of the Year Awards!
The bar is a non-smoking area (to comply with the Irish Government Smoking ban).